Blessings Are Conditional
As we read and study God’s word we can see that God’s blessings are conditional. What are the conditions to receive the blessings of God?
But first, let’s come into agreement with what a blessing is. The definition of blessings is “something promoting or contributing to happiness, well-being, or prosperity.” God desires that we walk in His blessings, but the decision is ours. “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers” (3 John 2).
According to Deuteronomy 28:1-2 blessings are conditional. It says, “Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God:”
Notice that it says, “…If you diligently obey; this promise of amazing blessing is purely conditional. The Israelites had a choice to make. If they chose to obey, not just obey, but diligently obey–the voice of the Lord their God, then all the blessings listed in verses 1-14 would come upon them. Not only would they come upon them, but the Bible says the blessings would overtake them. This promise of blessing was for the nation as a whole and for the individuals also. God gave them the key to living the blessed life.
In the New Testament we find the condition for the blessings of God to manifest, faith to believe without doubt.
- And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” Mk. 16:17-18.
- For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Mark 11:23.
- But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. James 1:6.
- Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. Mark 11:24.
- Then Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road. Mark 10:52.
- He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” John 7:38.
- And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. John 6:35.
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16.
All the blessings of God promised in the New Testament have the same condition for us to fulfill, that we have the faith to believe without doubt in our hearts.
Becky Dvorak is a prophetic healing evangelist and the Destiny Image author of DARE to Believe, Greater Than Magic and, soon to be released, The Healing Creed. Visit her at authorbeckydvorak.com.