A Reason to Believe
On the news, whether the source is secular or Christian you read or hear about how sickness, disease, plagues, pain and suffering are on the rise. Have you ever wondered why these devilish things are increasing?
When we preach from human reasoning, instead of the truth found in Scripture, people suffer. When we put all our faith in what the doctor says, in place of the Bible, miracles cease. When we trust secular physcology, rather than heed biblical counsel, healing is hindered.
We suffer from unanswered prayers when we give into the world’s system of doubt and unbelief, but we can change the situation around and learn to believe again. In order to do so, we need a reason to believe. Let’s look to the Word, find our reason, and believe.
6 Reasons Why We Can Believe in God to Keep His Promises:
- He is truthful. “God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?” Num. 23:19.
- He is just. “He is the Rock, His work is perfect; for all His ways are justice, a God of truth and without injustice; righteous and upright is” Deut. 32:4.
- He is able. “And being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.” Rom. 4:21.
- He is willing. “Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.” Immediately his leprosy was cleansed.” Mt. 8:3.
- He is faithful. “He who calls you is faithful, who also will do ” 1 Thess. 5:24.
- His faithfulness is unconditional. “If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.” 2 Tim. 2:13.
Why You Can Trust God’s Word:
- It’s alive and powerful. “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Heb. 4:12.
- It is inspired of God. “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Tim. 3:16-17.
Benefits of Trusting God’s Word:
- God’s blessing. “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!” Lk. 11:28.
- Freedom. “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” Jn. 8: 31-32.
- Protection. “As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.” Ps. 18:30.
- Knowledge and Understanding. “For the Lord gives wisdom; for the Lord gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding;” Prov. 2:6.
- Life and Healing. “My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; for they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh.” Prov. 4: 20-22.
If you will spend time and meditate upon these Scriptures you will find your reason to believe in God and His Word again.