Spiritual Insight to Healing
As a healing evangelist, I receive many interesting emails from people who have questions about healing for themselves, or for those around them. So, I would like to give you a list of spiritual insight that I have acquired over the years. I believe this will help you heal personally, or release His healing power to others.
- Faith for healing operates by love, and love alone. Galatians 5:6 tells us that, “For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.“ Love is the fuel for faith, without it you have nothing, and can’t do anything for His glory, such as healing the sick.
- Faith for healing demands action. James 2: 14-17 explains it like this, “What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.“ In other words, if you believe you will activate your faith by your actions.
- God commands all believers in Him in the Great Commission, “And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” (Mark 16:17-18). Note, this is not just for healing evangelists, but a commandment for all believers in Jesus Christ.
- We are not waiting upon God to release His healing power, this healing power has already been given to us. Isaiah 53:4-5, “Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.“ God did His part, now the responsibility to heal and be healed is in our hands.
- Faith for healing comes by hearing the Word of God concerning healing. Romans 10:17 says, “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.“ We need to feed our spiritual beings with God’s healing promises.
- No matter the sickness or disease, God has given His children authority over it and the source of it. Luke 10:19 assures us with these words, “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”