What Does the Bible Say About Healing?
What does the Bible have to say about healing? Plenty! So much so, that I have written books about the subject. But, let’s take a look at a few basic principles concerning Biblical healing.
- Our heavenly Father cares about us and sent His Son, Jesus Christ to purchase our healing with His own blood. In Isaiah 53:4-5 we see what He endured for this payment, “Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.” NKJ
- God is good, and it is not His desire that we suffer. In Jeremiah 30:17 the Lord says, “I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds.” NKJ
- Jesus answers a sick man’s question in Luke 5:13 concerning His will to heal him, “Then He put out His hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.” Immediately the leprosy left him.”
- His disciple, John prays in 3 John 1:2 “Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” NKJ
- And in the Great Commission found in Mark 16:18 it is written that if we believe we will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.
Healing is part of God’s plan of redemption, and is found throughout the Bible.
Healing Minister / Destiny Image Author Becky Dvorak — authorbeckydvorak.com
Did you find this article helpful? You’ll learn much more about supernatural healing and miracles in Becky Dvorak’s books; DARE to Believe and Greater Than Magic.