Are you fighting to be free from condemnation? If you are, you are not alone. A reader writes because she struggles with condemnation of past sins and reoccuring temptations in her mind about these past sins. She’s not unique in this situation. This is exactly how the enemy attacks God’s people with condemnation. He constantly is interjecting lies into our minds that God holds past sins against us, that He strongly disapproves of us, that there is no hope for us to overcome, or to be healed. His barrage of castigation against us in never ending. So what do we do about it?
Ask Him to forgive you for this sin, accept His forgiveness and move on with life. 1 John 1:9, promises us, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” When we confess our sins to God, He is faithful to forgive us of the sin, and no longer holds it against us.
What do you do when he torments you with memories of past sin? Anytime the enemy tries to condemn you with reminders of this sin, rebuke him in the name of Jesus. Say aloud, “I rebuke you in the name of Jesus! Get out of here! I am forgiven by the blood of Jesus.”
Also, you need to transform your thought life by reading the Bible daily. Start in the Book of Proverbs, read 1 chapter a day. If it’s January 1st, then you read Proverbs chapter 1. If it is January 25th, then you read Proverbs 25, and so on and so forth. The more you are in God’s Word, the less available room there is for satan to crowd your mind with his condemning thoughts.
We would all be stronger in the faith against satan’s weapon of condemnation if we would get back into reading the Bible again on a daily basis.
- For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart, Hebrews 4:12.
- All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work, 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
- How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word, Psalm 119:9.
- Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls, James 1:21.
- Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You, Psalm 119:11.
© 2019 Author Becky Dvorak–Healing and Miracles International, All rights reserved.