One thing I have learned in the healing ministry is that unbelief hurts. It’s negative power steals, kills, and destroys everyone and everything in its path. I also know that one miraculous testimony can win thousands to the Lord, but when God’s people choose not to believe many are eternally lost, and never to be found again. I think of all the countless families that are broken because no one takes the time to teach them how to believe for a miracle from God. Others are orphaned because the Church refuses God’s healing power, and many are dying prematurely because Christians are to afraid to speak the truth. What will it take to turn this tragic situation around?
Clearly, we must turn back to God’s Word and teach the basic truths concerning healing. A few of these basic truths are as follows:
- Jesus shed His blood for our healing at the whipping post. “But [in fact] He has borne our griefs, and He has carried our sorrows and pains; yet we [ignorantly] assumed that He was stricken, struck down by God and degraded and humiliated [by Him]. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was crushed for our wickedness [our sin, our injustice, our wrongdoing]; the punishment [required] for our well-being fell on Him, and by His stripes (wounds) we are healed.” Isaiah 53:4-5.
- We read in the New Testament that He wills to heal all that come to Him. “And He came down with them and stood on a level place with a crowd of His disciples and a great multitude of people from all Judea and Jerusalem, and from the seacoast of Tyre and Sidon, who came to hear Him and be healed of their diseases, as well as those who were tormented with unclean spirits. And they were healed. And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all.“ Luke 6:17-19.
- God wills and is able to heal the sick. “And it happened when He was in a certain city, that behold, a man who was full of leprosy saw Jesus; and he fell on his face and implored Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.” Then He put out His hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.” Immediately the leprosy left him.“ Luke 5: 12-13.
- We must learn how to believe in order to receive our healing. James 1:6 teaches us, “But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.”
- In accordance to the Word of God, no matter how impossible the situation appears, it’s not, because with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26 says, “But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
© 2017 Author Becky Dvorak–Healing and Miracles International, All rights reserved.