I recently led a group of women to the Holy Land. It was beautiful in every way, and refreshing spiritually, but what I ponder upon the most is not what was seen with the natural eye, but with the spiritual eye. Let me share with you just one incident of supernatural signs and wonders. We went to see the Dead Sea Scrolls on display at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem, as we were exiting the building we saw a rainbow above us, then another, and then a third rainbow. Our tour guide thought that was strange we would see a rainbow, because in the natural it was a beautiful sunny day. As we were standing there talking about it, I interjected, “Number 3 represents the Trinity, Elohim, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.” Some of the team members were taking photos of the sighting of the 3 rainbows. When we were driving away on the bus to the next site, one lady was so excited and moved up to the front seat to show me what was captured on her camera. Jesus was in the midst of the rainbows, and so was an angel. (See photo above.)
I know some of you are thinking, “Yeah, but that’s Israel. That’s suppose to happen there.” And I agree, we read recorded throughout the Bible the most spectacular supernatural events take place in and near Israel. And it is still that way, but honestly, not everyone has the supernatural sight to see what is happening around them, even in Israel.
But, the truth of the matter is that signs and wonders are increasing in these last days. Should we be surprised? God’s Word clearly tells us in Acts 2:17-18, “‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams. And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; and they shall prophesy. I will show wonders in heaven above and signs in the earth beneath: blood and fire and vapor of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord. And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.’”
And just to debunk the myth that supernatural signs and wonders only happen in the Holy Land, last night while praying in the Spirit on my flat rooftop here in Guatemala, my son, Joaquin had to make a quick trip to the store, and he shouted up to me as he was leaving and said, “Mom, look at the moon, there is a Star of David over it.” And yes, to my delight, there was indeed the shape of this sign over the moon. I was blessed with joy that my son can see supernatural signs and wonders as it says in the Scriptures above. I continued to pray and thanked the Lord for signs and wonders that minister salvation, especially to the Jewish people. I quickly looked up and I saw a perfect lion laying down with a lamb in the clouds.
Why are supernatural signs and wonders on the increase? Because we are living in the last days, and these divine sightings and other forms of supernatural happenings such as healing and miracles point the way to Jesus as Savior, Messiah, and Lord.
Some Reasons for Signs and Wonders:
- Confirmation what someone says is truly of God. “But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.“ Matthew 1:20.
- They are evangelistic tools to bring increase to the Body of Christ. “Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.” Acts 2:41.
- Signs and wonders give warning of danger ahead. “Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, “Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him.” Matthew 2:13.
- They are used to rescue God’s servants. “But at night an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out.” Acts 5:19.
- They can give actual directions on where God wants you to go. “So the Lord said to him, “Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.” Acts 9:11.
- They give life to the dead. We can read a glorious miracle of how Jesus raises a woman’s only son from the dead, see Luke 7:11-17.
- And provide physical provision. We find recorded in the Book of Matthew 14:13-21 how Jesus fed the 5,000 with the miraculous multiplication of 7 loaves and a few fish.
- They can miraculously provide financial provision. “But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.” Matthew 17:27.
- They release healing to the sick. The Book of Luke, written by the physician named Luke is filled with supernatural healing that he personally witnessed.
- And deliverance from demons. “and certain women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities—Mary called Magdalene, out of whom had come seven demons,“ Luke 8:2.
These are some of the reasons for signs and wonders, and there are many more. But the point of this article is that these supernatural happenings are on the increase, and as a believer in Jesus Christ you can activate His promise for these last days if you will just believe.
Becky Dvorak is a prophetic healing evangelist and the Destiny Image author of DARE to Believe, Greater Than Magic and The Healing Creed. Visit her at authorbeckydvorak.com.