There is a Christian man who had suffered from cancerous tumors in his esophagus and could not swallow. After medical treatments for cancer he had a feeding tube put in. A caring friend gave him a copy of my first book, DARE to Believe. He read the book, and after he read chapter 7, “Power from On High”, he received the baptism of the Holy Spirit. He would lay his hands upon his body and pray in tongues every day. Because of his bold faith in Christ’s healing power, the feeding tube had been removed and he could swallow on his own once again. He because he was eating again, he regained his strength and weight again.
Let’s take a moment and follow his faith steps.
- After he had received a terrible report of cancer he did not give up. He fought the spirit of death by faith. 1 Timothy 6:12 admonishes us to, “Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.”
- He fed himself with the healing word of God. Matthew 4:4 tells us, “Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
- He filled himself with the power of the Holy Spirit. “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8.
- He edified himself to receive healing as he prayed in tongues. “He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.” 1 Corinthians 14:4.
- He filled his spirit with the life of God while he prayed in the spirit (tongues). John 7:38-39 says, “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.”
Just like this man did, you too can take bold steps of faith and be healed in Jesus’ name.
© 2016 Author Becky Dvorak–Healing and Miracles International, All rights reserved.